concepts - about patterns - pattern writing - about tracks - track writing
Tracks consist of a Bars. You put a Pattern into each Bar until you're done, or until you run out of Bars.
The 303/606 loop the Track eternally until you press STOP.
The 707/727 plays the Track once and stops after the last programmed Bar.
For the 303/606:
- the last Bar of your song has to be marked with a "restart loop from the beginning" (Da Capo, D.C.) marker.
- you can also set a "jump to here Bar" (Del Signo, D.S.). During Track RUN you can order the Sequencer to jump to the marked Bar and continue playing from there.
The 707/727 do not use markers.
|Track steps||Bar 1||Bar 2||Bar 3||Bar 4||Bar 5||Bar 6||Bar 7||Bar 8||Bar 9||Bar 10||...|
|Pattern nr.||Pattern 5||Pattern 5||Pattern 5||Pattern 1||Pattern 6||Pattern 6||Pattern 6||Pattern 1||--||--|
|303/606 marker||"jump Bar"||"restart loop"|
It's always nice to know which Bar number the sequencer is at, whether during programming or during playing. Sometimes you just lose track (pun intended). Also, sometimes you want to go to a specific Bar number, and start editing or playing from there. Concerning selecting or showing the Bar number, there is a big difference between the 303/606 and the 707/727.
For the TB-303 and TR-606
The active Bar number is encoded by a series of lighting and flashing LEDs.
- the number in the range from 0 to 9 is always flashing.
- the number in the range 10, 20, 30 .. 90, the 100 and the 200 always lights steady.
- when the same LED is needed twice to show a number (like 55), the LED alternates between light & flash.
The active Bar number is shown during STOP and RUN. It can only be changed during STOP.
|Show the current Bar number||hold [BAR]||the order of pressing the buttons & the LED readout:
131 => press 100, press 3, press 1
(LED 100 & 3 lights, 1 flashes).
101 => press 100, press 1
(LED 100 lights, 1 flashes).
110 => press 100, press 1, press 0
(LED 100 & 1 lights, 0 flashes).
111 => press 100, press 1, press 1
(LED 100 lights, 1 lights & flashes).
55 => press 5, press 5
(LED 5 lights & flashes).
10 => press 1, press 0
(LED 1 lights, 0 flashes).
|Show the Bar number for the D.C. marker||hold [BAR] + [D.C.]|
|Show the Bar number for the D.S. marker||hold [BAR] + |
|STOP||Jump to a specific Bar number||hold [BAR] + [1..0, 100, 200]|
For the TR-707 and TR-727
|STOP or RUN||Show the Bar number on the screen||toggling the TEMPO/MEAS button|
|STOP||Jump to a specific Bar number||while holding SHIFT, press the Bar number using the pads and press ENTER
- you can not select a Bar beyond the last programmed Bar of the Track